Pages

About Me

My photo
Gently raising 3 girls to be joyful spirits in this challenging world.

Thursday 4 March 2010

Who'd of thought...

... home ed would be so stressful?! Well stressful if you let it. Stressful if you constantly compare yourself to other people and constantly tell yourself that you're not doing enough!

This year has been a real learning curve for me and I feel I am finally finding the strength to say 'No, I'm doing it this way!'. I am really bad at saying no so I quite easily find myself over committed and as a result my children lose out. Home ed is cliquey and don't let anyone tell you differently, it really is no different from the school gate if you allow yourself to be drawn in. I so admire the people that can stay of the peripheral and do their own thing as they ultimately have the happiest children. That's not to say that those people don't join in and contribute they just have the courage of their convictions and don't let other people sway their opinions about how their children learn best.

This sounds like a real rant about home ed and home educators, it really isn't I love everything HE I just wish there was a little less public preening when things are going well and bitter looks when things aren't going so great for you but better for others (does that make sense?). Let's all just celebrate that we all do things differently and no one has the right answer because no two families are the same!

1 comment:

  1. I love the above photo of you and your girls... Its great:)

    ReplyDelete