Pages

About Me

My photo
Gently raising 3 girls to be joyful spirits in this challenging world.

Sunday 18 April 2010

Reading



We are really enjoying two book at the moment. Little House in the Big Woods and Mrs Frisby and the Rats of Nimh. I have been very aware lately that my days of reading out loud to the girls are running short with the youngest being 10 or so I thought.....

Even though Alice is betting older she has been snuggled up with the others and is enjoying listening immensely. It's so special to have them all in bed drinking tea and enjoying the journey of the story and I will mourn these moments hugely when they really do come to an end.

4 comments:

  1. This is one of the things I worry about most. How ever will I sleep without having read a bedtime story to my girls first!!??
    Your post give me hope that we may have many more years of this divine ritual left.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We still love family reading time - my eldest is 14 and is often the one that requests it!

    We have just finished the Rats of Nimh book - we enjoyed it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're going to be doing the little house series soon...I'm going to have to check out the Rats of Nimh book though...my daughter would probably love it! Any other good book suggestions? (My girl is reading us out of house and home)!!
    :) maureen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh we loved Mrs Frisby. I can't wait to read Little House too.

    Our current read is the antics of Pippi!!

    ReplyDelete