Pages

About Me

My photo
Gently raising 3 girls to be joyful spirits in this challenging world.

Sunday 28 November 2010

Hiberbation


Like the animals in the forest I have been feeling the call of the winter hibernation. As the seasons ticks over to winter I have a hard to resist urge to stay within my home with my family close.

I think that others find this annoying and strange of me but it is not something have any control over. I don't need to see other people in fact the only need I really have is for nourishing food and a blazing fire. Can anyone relate to this feeling?

We have change going on here as Paul is due to start a new job on Monday that will be very challenging and no doubt stressful for him as he readjusts. Even more reason for me to be here and to keep the home fires burning so that things can be as comfortable as possible when he returns home.

So the question is, is it ok to just drop out of sight over this period? I don't want to antisocial but really sometimes I wonder about doing more for others than for ourselves. In December we have books clubs, art classes and tutor groups booked, all of which we absolutely love but it really is a struggle to get there. Last week we made a decision not to go a Autumn Fair at our tutor group and the reaction from others was that we were being somehow selfish for not going, which to be honest was my first feeling. Now that I look back though I have to question why others should have those feelings?

Sorry to ramble but this strikes every year and I would be interested to hear if others have this Moomin Mama effect?

1 comment:

  1. I don't think you're selfish for not going - you should be looking after you and your family first and foremost, not anyone else's. I definitely feel like hibernating so hugs to you.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete