Pages

About Me

My photo
Gently raising 3 girls to be joyful spirits in this challenging world.

Tuesday 2 November 2010

Inspiration




I've had a lot to think about recently. Family issues and friendships that have sadly melted away. I'm sad about both of these things but have also been using them to walk a new more positive path.

Firstly Paul has a new job which will give us more stability. I've never really want to be stable before but suddenly it feels like it might be nice to know that a pay check will be arriving month after month and that our future is more secure...... sorry I've just realised how boring that sounds....I'll move on.

I've been reading a lot of Glennie Kindred and revelling in her simple but beautiful illustrations.


This way of being makes sense to me and my heart lifts the more I know about it.

Things at home have lost some focus, I think this has happened because of work commitments (who'd of thought that working in a bookshop could be so stressful). It may be that finding rhythm to our day is the key to getting everything done. How does that work for others?? I've been experimenting today so will let you know how that goes.

Alice has been working really hard on her commissions from her Etsy shop, she's working on a really beautiful cotton blanket for a lady who's son is an eczema sufferer. She's also been working hard on her work for the tutor group she goes to. She's reading The Great Gatsby and I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings - both beautiful books. I love it that she's being exposed to beautiful literature at a young age, I wish I had!

Izzy's been seeing a Kinesiologist to help with her allergies, it's been amazing and I'm very excited about where this journey will take her.

Liv's just taken part in her drama performance, she was the scarecrow in The Wizrd of Oz and as ever we believed she was the star of the show (proud Mummy and Daddy moment).

All in all we're doing ok and feeling really positive about where this latest journey is taking us. Watching the performance had special meaning for me as I feel like Dorothy stepping on to the yellow brick road.....














No comments:

Post a Comment