Pages

About Me

My photo
Gently raising 3 girls to be joyful spirits in this challenging world.

Wednesday 1 December 2010

A festive mantle




We have allowed ourselves to feel just a little festive today. I'm not a big fan of starting Christmas too early but I think the 1st December is ok to start with a little bit of seasonal lighting. It's been so cold today that the fire has been lit since the mid afternoon.

As I type this Paul is stuck on a snowy train station waiting for a train that may never come. Hope you're home soon my love!

3 comments:

  1. Oooh, being stuck on a cold train in this weather is no fun. Hope he is back soon and warming himself by that lovely open fire!!

    I don't usually get decorations out before the middle of December, but this year feels different somehow. I've gone from not feeling at all festive a week ago, to feeling full-on Christmassy, must be the snow I think. Conor bought the Christmas decorations to the caravan today from the old house and it feels right to get them out and put them on display. Your mantlepiece looks very cosy. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Pippa, yes I think it's the snow that's caused this festive feel!

    Paul got home in the end but it's really snowing here now, I'm thinking he won't get very far in the morning.

    Hope you're staying cosy, we're so in love with your caravan adventures ;o)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear he got home ok.

    I agree too about the snow making it feel all Christmassy - had my first viewing to A Christmas Carol (patrick stewart version) yesterday - fabulous.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete