Pages

About Me

My photo
Gently raising 3 girls to be joyful spirits in this challenging world.

Tuesday 21 December 2010

Solstice celebrations







We marked the Winter Solstice just as I wanted in a quiet, peaceful and reflective way. The girls and I got up at dawn and lit a small fire in the garden which was a magical way to start our day. The rest of the day was spent pottering around, walking Indy and preparing a lovely meal for the evening.

Once Paul got home we all enjoyed a meal and then headed outside to light another fire. There is a real magic in fire and I'm so happy that the girls feel it as I do.

Then it was on to burning out huge Yule log. In the forest it really didn't look that big but in our little fireplace it seemed enormous. The girls really enjoyed watching their hopes for the new year fizzling up the chimney and I feel that it marked the day in a thoughtful way for them.

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to say hello :) I recognise your piccy from the green parent mag! Looks like you has a lovely solstice. Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete